Translate

Wednesday, May 15, 2013




If you ask me what I came to do in this world, I, an artist, will answer you:  I am here to live out loud.

Emile Zola


It's cherry season!  

So we painted big, bright, and beautiful cherries.


Super easy painting project
First we picked a backgound color.  We painted two red circles, shaded the right side of the cherries with green acrylic and added highlights with white acrylic.  Added the stems.  We used a pencil to outline where we wanted to place the leaves.  Filled with green acrylic added dark veins to the leaves and the painting is ready to take home and br placed in a frame.  Great job for a ten year old!

 Cherry blossoms
Media used was watercolor, acrylic and India ink
  1. paint background with blue watercolor or color of choice.  Let dry.
  2. Drip India ink to right side of paper then use straw to blow ink away from the edge of paper guiding ink in the direction desired.  Let dry.
  3. Add acrylic blossoms.  Five petals and use opposite end of brush dip in while paint to create centers.
  4. No more steps you are done! 


Decortive tree
Not a cherry tree to go with our theme, but a beautiful and fun decortive tree.
I was shopping at our local Hobby Lobby store when i found this one inch hole punch and I had to have it.  I punches holes until my fingers hurt and now have to figure out how to use all thes holes!  
Well, not to hard to use them up and the trees turned out to be so much fun to make.

Next Week
We will be doing some printmaking.  Will be fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment