Translate

Monday, March 18, 2013


"Some people look for a beautiful place
others make a place beautiful"


Acrylic painting on canvas board.
Classes at Hutchins Street Square are going great!  This was the project for the month of March.
This beautiful painting was done by a 9 year old.



We started with a sketch.  I gave the kids examples of vases to use.

We picked the colors we were using.  Originally we were going to paint the background black.
A black background was too dark so the kids picked different colors.


First the kids drew the vase, flowers, and table then  filled with acrylic paint.


The kids used their fingers to add detail to the background,  painting with both hands at the same time!

The last thing they did is sign their name and they were done with another masterpiece.

 This painting was done by a 6 year old.


At my studio

This painting is called Nicollette
this is a sketch of face.  Its hard to see.
I used acrylics.


I clean my brush on the sides.

I was not happy with her hair color.


I changed her hair color to black.  I like it better but, I'm not happy with her hair.



I changed her hair and I think I am finally happy with her.

This is a floral I painted on canvas board.  painting florals is my favorite pastime, this one was fun to paint.
I used acrylics my favorite medium.  Painted the vase and flowers.  Painted the table and the background was the last thing to paint the at the very end I splattered white paint all over the painting.  Done.

No comments:

Post a Comment