Translate

Monday, December 31, 2012


They say good things come to those who wait, so, I guess I'll be late.

My mom's birthday party was Saturday. It's finally behind me.  The plan was to take pictures of everything I cooked but, I was so busy in the kitchen I did not take any pictures to show you.  The party was a great success.  My mom was happy and that is what matters.  I could not have done it without my three sisters.
Well, not too much painting in December.  I practiced a batik technique using tempera paints, then again using acrylic paint.

 I sketched a Sunflower.
 I mixed the colors to make the brown center.

Yellow sunflower, blue sky, green stem. I painted around the lines.


Then applied India ink on the lines, let it dry then washed it off.  Most of the tempera paint came off with it.  So I went back and touched it up with watercolor.



This time I painted with acrylic paint making sure not to paint over the lines. Painted the lines with India ink and rinsed.

I liked using the acrylic best. next time I will let it dry for only 5 minutes, if you let it dry too long it's hard to come off. I did about 30 min.

 Yes, I have started a new collection!  It's art books.



  I can't wait to use these techniques with the kids!


No comments:

Post a Comment